3SX Custom Aluminum Dash Vents - Easy Install
JDM GTO RHD - Right Hand Drive! (UK, JDM )
If you can find a 3000GT or Stealth that does NOT have broken dash defroster vents, you've seen one of the rarest 3S's on the planet! LOL The notorious cracked dash vents is a well known problem. The solution is to replace them - just about everything has been tried to repair or re-stick the stock ones down. The problem with that "solution" is that the dash gets a mild warp over time and they will not lay down flat. The only real solution is the PULL THE DASH which is essentially a "weekend and a case" type job.
Aluminum dash vents. Ok, so nothing new there... But these can be installed WITHOUT removing the dash! They come with little plates that you clip under the dash and then screw these vents to those little holding clips. It's probably harder to get the old ones broken out than to get these bad boys installed! The other nice thing - they are one piece!
We have these available for the RIGHT-hand-drive GTO / 3000GT models found in Japan, the UK, Australia, and a few other parts of the globe.
Available in 2 finishes: Black or Bead Blasted
Black Textured Powdercoat
Sold as a pair with installation hardware.
Installation Tips: (Shown on LHD Dash)
1. It might be helpful to notch the mouting hole on the farthest left mounting hole on the driver's side vent to allow for bolt clearance
2. Slip bolts through the vents and start threading flat tabs onto bolts
3. "Tuck" flat mount tabs into dash through old vent valley ( This will take some patience)
4. Use a finger to hold flat tabs to start threading until they grab against both sides of vash vent valley from bottom
5. Snug all bolts, but do not final tighten them until they are positioned properly
6. On passenger side vent, you might be able to use original center hole( some people choose to knock out all original moutning tabs for looks)
7. Stand back and enjoy